Award winning Studio Silverback have a unique opportunity for an experienced TECHNICAL LEAD to join our growing company with a ground-breaking slate of Natural History / Conservation projects coming up.
We are looking for a versatile, self-motivated, diligent, and thorough Tech Lead to join our Technical / Avid Support team in August/September 2022. We are keen to hear from candidates with experience technically leading/supervising projects, who understand camera formats, codecs, and ingest workflow. The right candidate will have experience of overseeing a project from acquisition through to delivery and be confident in working independently, as well as within an established team.
The role will be working alongside our Head of Technical Operations and Technical Manager to ensure smooth running across a number of exciting new natural history / conservation capture projects at Studio Silverback, the sister company to Silverback Films.
The Tech lead will attend production meetings, prep media offload kits, prep acquisitions documents, communicate and transfer media to clients, complete ingest, schedule uploads to our clients, supporting of edit suites and troubleshooting. Software application utilised include Avid and Da Vinci as well as Yo-Yotta and Cat DV. Our tech leads are also responsible for prepping our projects for finishing post including liaising closely with our preferred picture and sound post house for smooth running of schedules. The role offers a great opportunity to work in a highly experienced and supportive team, and for an ambitious and exciting company.
Skills and Experience – The Essentials:
· At least 2-year experience technically leading / supervising
· Good level of knowledge in Avid and in Da Vinci
· Understanding camera formats, codecs and workflows
· Attention to detail and planning ahead
· This is also a client-facing role so good interpersonal skills are required
· Strong communication skills and being able to work within a team
· Ability to manage deadlines and problem solve
· Start date is August / September 2022
· Initial contract for 6 months with potential to extend to a long term role for the right person.
· Salary will be based on experience
· Silverback offer great personal and professional development and ongoing training.
· Generous holiday allowance
· Flexible / Hybrid working would always be considered but may not always work for the job requirements.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your NAME and TECH LEAD clearly stated in the title.
Note: Cut off for applications is 15th August 2022 with interviews the following weeks.
We are not able to get back to everyone unfortunately, so if you haven’t heard back from us by the end of August you have not been successful for an interview this time, but we thank you for your application and please do state on your CV if you would like us to keep it on file here at Silverback for future job opportunities.
Silverback are an inclusive employer and particularly welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups. If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need adjustments in order to apply for this position please do let us know.